Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mean Girls

Diva is coming of age. Coming into the age where she is having to realize no matter how nice she is, not everyone wants to be her friend. In fact, girls are mean!

Its hard for her to understand. My bubbly, friendly, never met a stranger little Diva. She doesn’t understand why some people make fun of her, or don’t like her or even make up lies about her.

july24 028

There is nothing I can say to make it all better either. I wish I could tell her that it will get better as she gets older. But that would be a lie. It won’t.

Mean girls grown into mean women.

I guess its hard for me to understand too. Why us girls can be so petty, so mean, and just plain hurtful. I was over at MckMama’s recently and read through some comments on a certain post of hers. These women just got downright nasty, hurling ugly insults.

Whatever happened to if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all?

Or heck, even the golden rule people!

2 comments:

{Kimber} on December 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM said...

how old is she? my oldest is 10 and experiencing this same thing...it is hard
and you are right...mean girls usually turn into mean women! it's sad
and it's hard for me to teach mine to NOT let it bother you...because it STILL bothers ME!!

Lynette on December 9, 2009 at 8:58 PM said...

Oh Kimber you are right! It still bothers me too!
And she's 9 and a half. It hasn't seemed to be a problem until this school year (4th) so who knows! I just know its the first of lots!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!