Thursday, December 10, 2009

A little more about me.

I suffer from an invisible disease. Fibromyalgia.

I have good days and bad days, and really bad days. Good days are still not perfect, I still have pain, bad days I can manage the pain with rest, and really bad days I feel like I’m falling apart. But on the outside- I look fine. Other than being overweight, you couldn’t tell anything was wrong with me.

connormatt 104

I found this post that really puts words to my feelings.

I have really struggled lately, and doctor visits haven’t helped in the slightest. I’ve spent time in the ER for seemingly unrelated issues, but as I did, I realized its all connected.

I do know this- I felt better when I was working out. I had more good days than bad. So after the first of the year, since our insurance will be paying for the gym, I’m heading back. I’ll see what I can work on for a weekly post, and weight loss support.


My goal in life- is to not let the fibro define me. I will conquer it. One day. And yes, I know there isn't a cure- and I know I will always have it. But I will not let it control my life. I'm going to chase my dreams, and I'm going to land my dream job, which happens to be something very physically demanding. But, I'm determined to do it.

1 comments:

{Kimber} on December 10, 2009 at 10:35 AM said...

I have know a few people with this and they say the same as you...it is HORRIBLE!!
at least you have a winning attitude about it :)

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!