Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool’s Day!

Do you have any big plans for the day?

Who are you tricking?

I started a tradition with the kids a couple years ago. A very special April Food’s day dinner.

IMG_4791

Looks like grilled cheese and a cupcake right?

IMG_4792

Are ya sure?

IMG_4797

My guess is no ;)

This was our first annual April Fool’s day dinner. The “grilled cheese” is actually pound cake (broiled just a bit) with orange frosting. The “cupcake'” is meatloaf with colored mashed potatoes on top for ‘frosting’.

I can’t find my pics from last year, but we did a “pie” that was actually meat and potatoes again, along with “fish sticks” that were actually wafer cookies covered in corn flakes and starburst “peas and carrots”

This year, I think I’m going to try my hand at these.

 

I’ll be sure to post pictures soon. Happy Fooling!

2 comments:

MoonNStarMommy on April 1, 2010 at 9:27 AM said...

LOL - we were thinking about the pot pie too

{Kimber} on April 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM said...

how funny!!!!! I am not so good with the pranks but I love hearing about them!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!