Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oh, dear, dear Power Company

I’m sorry, I’m afraid you  mistook me for dumb Joe-Bob Jones down the street. Yeah, uh, guess what? I’m not.

You see, this all started a few weeks ago. Somehow I got off track with my bills, and I ended up getting a late notice from our power company. The last day to pay was the 10th. Casanova got paid on the 12th. Well, usually this wouldn’t be a problem except this bill was for $462. For one month. So I would not have the money until payday. I called (which I HATE doing, and you will know why in a minute)

Now, let me backtrack a bit to tell you a little bit about me. I am a STICKLER for customer service. When I walk into a place, I expect to be treated well, no matter how much or how little I may be spending. I expect to receive good customer service. Everywhere. I will also say this, I have been on the flip side, and have provided customer service, my husband and one of my best friends currently work in the customer service industry. So I know how it works on the “other side”, possibly making my expectations much more stringent.

I once received bad customer service at an electronics store, walked out and didn’t step back into one for 5 years. Seriously. But that’s a story for another day.

Back to the day I called big power. I explained the situation to them, told them I just needed 24 hours (barely) and I would pay first thing in the am on the 12th.

First person says “nope, sorry” So I ask for a supervisor. She tells me that one will call me back within 24 hours. I have heard that before, so I tell her no, I will wait. I had to tell her that 4 times before she got me a sup.

I tell the Sup the same thing, and she tells me she doesn’t have the authority to provide the extension. I ask her to find me someone who does. Again, I’m told “my supervisor will call you back within 24 hours” Sorry, not good enough.  I have worked in call centers before, Casanova has worked in several, I know how these things work.

I finally get a lead supervisor on the phone, I repeat the situation, and after being put on  hold twice he tells me that I have a “one time extension”. I say fine, thank you, that’s what I needed.

I proceed to ask him about our high bills. I am a very warm natured person. I’m always hot. I rarely wear a jacket, and hardly run the heat in the house. Why is my bill nearly $500?

I get a snippy “because you are using a lot of power. What else do you want?” 

Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2 of this story.

3 comments:

{Kimber} on March 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM said...

RUDE MUCH?!!!!!! Geez and I'm sorry THAT seems ridiculously high for one month, I think you should check more into that...or maybe that's part 2? :)

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com on March 24, 2010 at 10:15 AM said...

You know there is a whole thing in Arlington where they are fighting the power company because of new meters - any chance you have a new meter?

Anyway - good for you to stick to your guns. I do NOT heart call centers!!!!!!!!!!!

The Princess of Sarcasm on March 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM said...

Let me know if you need the Blogfia to get involved....

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!