Saturday, March 27, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Bossman!

Your birth story is an eventful one. You weren’t due until the end of April, but due to mommy’s kidneys shutting down, and my blood pressure sky rocketing, the doctors decided to induce me early. I’d never been induced before so needless to say I was a little nervous.

Picture013

This picture was taken at my baby shower- two days before I was induced. Look how puffy :(

The induction started at 6am,

Picture027

and  you were born at 4:45pm.

Picture036

A long labor for me, (others were 6, 4 and 2 hours respectively)

 

The delivery was more than a little traumatic for me, and you. I didn’t get to see or hold you for about 10 hours after you were born. Except for the short time when they put me on my chest immediately after.  You had inhaled some fluid, and had low blood sugar. 

100_0051

100_0052 

Daddy took these pictures of you and I was able to see them while I waited to hold you again. When I did get to see you it was for 20 minutes at a time every two hours.

Picture043

This is one of the first pictures I took of you. Bad angle, but if you look closely you can see Daddy’s foot in the background. This was about 3am.

 

We found out the next day that you had also broken your collar bone during delivery.

Picture049

Picture051

You healed quickly though, and started to grow like a weed!

l_62adad266f4f47fd07f4eeac8b06be73

l_1e56f27d5fee36b5fec5e18b267503df

Soon  you were a sweet one year old baby. On the brink of toddlerhood.

l_f4d342ed7aaa4b5ebb6cf9f6e5a81219

Then you turned two. What a fun year that was!

001

Today you turn 3, and what fun this will be! Even though you drive me crazy most days, I know you are just learning your way.

I love you little man! Enjoy your day in the spotlight. (and give mom a break every once and a while k?)

1 comments:

{Kimber} on March 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM said...

he was such an adorable little baby and an even more adorable 3 year old!!!
hope he has the best bd ever at the zoo!!!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!