Friday, February 5, 2010

Mini Before and afters

I have to confess, I had a much grander post planned for this big reveal. I was going to show you my favorite parts of my bedroom, and why I love it so.

Today however, I had a sick child home with strep throat (Diva).

I felt slightly overwhelmed trying to organize this school term.

Needed to catch up on missed sleep due to Bossman waking up crying last night.

Got a phone call that rocked my world a little bit.

So, I will give you this little taste, a peek if you will. My bed. What it looked like before:

5167_1168420604041_1033712942_520968_7684439_n

See the old 70’s style headboard? Under the duvet is a red and gold comforter. It worked perfectly together. But a year or so ago I started changing our room. The duvet and shams I borrowed from JoJo until I could afford what I wanted.

Are you ready?

Really ready?

This

is

my bed

now:

041

Yeah baby! I will have to take a better, more flattering picture. But that ugly headboard? I recovered it. Yep, 1 hour, 1 rainy afternoon, 4 yards of fabric, a staple gun and me. Walla. The bedding? I adored it for a long time. Didn’t adore the $250 price tag. I was cleaning out my favorites the other day and came back across it. Only now, it was on clearance. for $90.  In the words of Carrie Bradshaw- Helllo Lover!

 

So there you have it. A little sneak peak of my boudoir. I promise soon, I will use the better camera and take pics of the rest of the room, so you can get an idea of it all put together. Ooh, or maybe a video- a vlog. Hmmm, might have to think about that one.

1 comments:

{Kimber} on February 5, 2010 at 8:27 AM said...

wow...that is a big change!! you did good :)

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!