Saturday, February 6, 2010

Guilt

Do you suffer from it?

You know what I’m talking about. That nagging feeling, the one that tells you that you aren’t quite up to par.

I’m talking about the dreaded Mom Guilt.

I think all moms do to some extent.

My question is, how do you handle it? Do you give in to it? Let it drag  you down?

Or do you grab the truths from it, if there are any to be found, and move on?

Or do you dwell on it, or maybe ignore it.

What’s the root of it? Do we do it to ourselves? Is it ‘media’ driven. Magazines with glossy covers and perfect “You can do it too!” perfect birthday cakes, little girls with perfect hair, and clean! little boys.

I’m a perfectionist by nature. So I know that I inflict a lot of the guilt on myself. I used to have an “all or nothing” mentality. Thankfully I have grown past that and have chosen to embrace the mom that I am. I know that I’m doing the best I can, my kids are well adjusted, clean most of the time (is a 2 year old every really clean? I swear even right after bathtime he’s sticky again) healthy, fed and clothed. 

What about you? What’s your take on the subject?

1 comments:

Unknown on February 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM said...

Don't have that yet but will soon as you know! Very familiar with guilt though, struggle with reasonable and unreasonable guilt all the time!

http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!