Saturday, January 2, 2010

Out with the old….in with the new.- take 1

I will be making a couple of very large purchases this month, or at the very latest, early next month. I would say we, but no, these purchases will be largely mine, and I get 98% of the say so in the decision making.

Purchase #1  A BRAND NEW (to me) CAR!!!!

We will more than likely be buying used. It needs to be large enough to fit 6 people.

Here’s my short list of possibilities.

 

Ford Explorer- 2002 or newer.

Ford_Explorer_Fuel-Cell-Prototype_01

The in laws would love this. Father in law works for Ford- has for many many years.

2002 and newer has the option of a third row of seats. We’ve looked at many that have this.

I like the idea of an SUV. Feels sportier and more “fun” than a minivan. Downside- gas mileage.

 

Nisaan Quest- Newer body style (04? or newer)

2008_Nissan_Quest_ext_1

Simply put- Casanova was in a car wreck in May of 05. Our rental car was a Nisaan Quest. I fell in love.

 

Lastly- a Dodge Grand Caravan

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan

Because of the new body style, I’m thinking we might be able to find a great deal on a newer (07 or 08) model van, maybe even with extra bells and whistles.

Down side- takes me right back into minivan land, and I am just not sure I want to go there.

 

So I turn to you my bloggy friends- do any of you have either of these three? Love/hate?

Another vehicle for me to consider?

Tomorrow I will bring to you my second purchase decision. 

5 comments:

A New England Girl on January 2, 2010 at 8:53 AM said...

Girl, I know SO many people who have bought Ford Explorers and they are great for the first couple of years and then they absolutely fall apart! Not saying it happens to all, but it is definitely something to consider.
Have you considered the Volvo XC90? They are on the pricier side when they are new, but you can find some great deals on pre-owned vehicles. They are super safe [highest ratings], reliable and have the third row option, as well as some great cargo space.
Also, maybe consider a Toyota 4runner? The third row option is there too, although the cargo space won't be great with it, but the gas mileage is great, resale value is high and toyotas run for.eve.r. :)

I don't know much about minivans, so I can't help there, but I agree that an SUV is more fun and a sportier option for a rockin' mom. :)

Good luck!

Unknown on January 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM said...

Hi Lynette! Thanks for contributing to my blog post! I loved your thoughtful response. Good luck to you and your endeavors in 2010! Can't wait to get to know you better...consider me a follower!

Unknown on January 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM said...

Oops..forgot to include my site, so you know who i am...http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

Dawn on January 2, 2010 at 8:32 PM said...

don't have any of these but I have a honda pilot and love, love, love it-only downside it because it seats 8, you lose storage in the back, but I didn't want to go any bigger. sorry I can't help you with any of the 3 you have listed.

Lynette on January 2, 2010 at 8:42 PM said...

Thanks everyone for the awesome suggestions! I have much more to look at now! I can't wait to get my eyes on a XC90, I'm looking at them online now and they look awesome! Very sporty :)
I'll be sure to make a follow up post with what I finally choose!

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!