Saturday, January 23, 2010

Home {filthy} home…

I am ashamed to admit, but I will for purposes of being honest on the blog, that during the months (and I do mean months) of feeling bad, I straightened up my house, but that’s it. No deep cleaning, no scrubbing, and I fell dreadfully behind on laundry.

016

Regardless there are things in my home that make me smile every time I see them. Like this sign I got at Ross for $3. Its hung right above our shoe basket, just inside our front door. Its the perfect, charming accent for my beach cottage themed living room. Yes we live in Texas, yes my children and husband have never seen the ocean, but I have. I have lived on both coasts. I love the ocean. I miss the ocean. I want to visit soon.

017

Or this, my plate wall. I still have 3 plates waiting for me to remember hangers when I’m at the store, they will fill the empty space to the upper right. The majority of the plates have come from thrift stores, none cost more than $2. The set of 4 floral plates actually came off Craigslist, and as far as I can tell, could date as early as the 1920’s. I love this wall.

020

And this, this is what greets me in the mornings by my coffee pot. My hair was darker then huh? Have I ever mentioned how much I love that man?

He has stood by me during the dark months, even with the filthy house.

Maybe one day I will show you my bedroom. When/If it gets clean.

I’ve spent the last few days trying to play “catch up” now that I’m feeling better. I wish I could chunk it all out and start over, but then I remember. These things? They make me happy.

So I clean.

3 comments:

Plate Hanger said...

The plates looks great. It is amazing how you could do so much with so little. How did you hang them, with wire hangers, or adhesive plate hangers like the ones seen at this link?

Lynette on January 23, 2010 at 3:23 PM said...

My plates are all hung with wire hangers that I bought at Target. I felt they secured the plates and protected the integrity should I ever actually want to use some of them. :)

{Kimber} on January 24, 2010 at 9:05 AM said...

I love the plates!! so cute :)

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!