Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm THAT mom!


Let me start out by saying, I'm SO not supermom. I don't claim to be, and I don't strive to be.
I'm THAT mom.

I'm the mom that:

*Lets her kids eat chocolate cake for breakfast occasionally.

*Has a mountain of laundry piled up, even though I'm a 'stay at home mom'

*Brings store bought cupcakes/cookies/cake to school events.

*Buys secondhand toys for kids gifts.

*Allows her kids to play video games. They go outside plenty too, don't worry.

*Allows her two year old to play in his diaper at home. In fact, I encourage it- less laundry to add to the aforementioned pile.

*Allows her kids candy and soda on occasion.

*Doesn't fret over the nutritional value of every crumb of food entering my kids' mouths.

*Doesn't encourage a belief in Santa, but I don't discourage it either.

*Uses the dryer as an iron. My kids think an ironing board is a surfboard. I'm OK with that.

I'm SO not supermom.

I:

*lose my temper sometimes.
*cry when I have a bad day
*serve my family cereal for dinner if its been that kind of a day.
*allow my kids to fall, knowing they will need to learn to pick themselves back up.
*make my kids attempt to resolve arguments between themselves first. I don't listen to tattle tales.

But I'm a good mom. I may not be perfect, but who is. I love my kids, and they know it. My kids are pretty darn special! I hope you enjoy getting to know them- and me!



1 comments:

Love on December 1, 2009 at 8:39 PM said...

nice to "meet" you!

and....i'm pretty much that mom, too! =)

Post a Comment

I love comments. Comments give me that fuzzy feeling inside! Leave one...even if just to say hi!